Particle.news
Download on the App Store

Zilla Fatu Added To NXT Championship Match At Heatwave

GM Robert Stone invoked a clause in Fatu’s NXT contract to convert the previously made triple threat into a Fatal 4‑Way for the Aug. 30 PLE in Edinburgh, Texas.

Overview

  • Zilla Fatu debuted on NXT by crashing the Aug. 11 main event between Cruz Montana and Grayson Waller and has been immediately inserted into top‑card storyline.
  • Robert Stone first made Tony D’Angelo vs. Cruz Montana vs. Grayson Waller a Triple Threat for Heatwave and later announced on the Aug. 18 broadcast that Fatu’s contract guarantees his first match will be a title shot, changing the bout to a Fatal 4‑Way.
  • The updated Heatwave card posted after the Aug. 18 episode lists the NXT Championship as a Fatal 4‑Way: Tony D’Angelo (c) vs. Zilla Fatu vs. Cruz Montana vs. Grayson Waller.
  • Fatu told Booker T and Brad Gilmore he felt 'blessed' about his debut and said he is 'ready to go,' language NXT is using in promos to build the match in the lead‑up to the Aug. 30 event.
  • The move illustrates NXT’s booking practice of using on‑screen authority figures and contract angles to fast‑track new talent into major matches and it raises immediate questions about how the four‑way format will affect D’Angelo’s title reign and the brand’s storylines.