Overview
- A 16-year-old pleaded guilty to arson at Preston Magistrates' Court and will be sentenced on May 21.
- Police had earlier charged the boy after consulting the Crown Prosecution Service during a joint probe with fire investigators.
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service, which deployed ten engines and two aerial ladder platforms Tuesday night, said crews put out the blaze and then damped down hot spots.
- Club owners said the venue suffered less damage than first feared and plan to start restoration, while the Park Hall Hotel and Spa remains open.
- Officers said inquiries continue and asked anyone with footage or information to call 101 quoting log 1502 of April 7.