Particle.news
Download on the App Store

Supermicro Board Says Independent Review Found No Management Knowledge of Alleged $2.5 Billion Server Diversion

The board adopted compliance fixes and fired employees after an outside probe, even as criminal and regulatory inquiries continue.

Overview

  • The company said an independent investigation led by two nonexecutive directors concluded Thursday that it found no evidence current senior management knew about an alleged scheme to divert Nvidia‑equipped servers to China.
  • Federal prosecutors unsealed an indictment on March 19, 2026 that charges three former associates with conspiring to route about $2.5 billion of servers through a Southeast Asian front company, and two of the accused have pleaded not guilty.
  • The board reviewed customer transactions cited in the indictment and reported no direct sales to known restricted parties and no reason to doubt previously issued financial statements.
  • Supermicro adopted all recommendations from the independent directors to strengthen export controls, implemented some changes immediately, and terminated several employees in sales, technical support, and business development for policy breaches.
  • Government probes remain active, including Taiwanese raids, a U.S. grand jury subpoena and SEC document requests, and the criminal case continues with a co‑founder’s trial now set for March 2027, keeping legal and reputational risk for the company alive.