Overview
- Ronaldo told Vogue on Sunday that the 2026-27 season is "probably" his last year of professional football while saying he wants to "leave a spectacular legacy."
- He remains under contract to Al‑Nassr through June 2027 and plans to play the coming season as he chases the symbolic 1,000‑goal milestone, currently reported at 976 career goals.
- Ronaldo said he has his post‑football life "all mapped out," naming family time, travel and padel among his priorities and ruling out first‑team coaching in favour of other business interests.
- No formal retirement date has been announced and reports of a Portugal farewell match in Lisbon are unconfirmed, leaving federation, club and partners to weigh several possible end‑of‑career scenarios.
- The remark follows his wedding on August 11 and the 2026 World Cup, and it reshapes planning for team selection, commercial schedules and how the game frames the close of one of football’s most decorated careers.