Overview
- PNP commander Óscar Arriola confirmed Tuesday that Piero Corvetto no longer has state-provided security.
- Arriola said the detail ended because Corvetto is no longer a public official under rules that tie escorts to active posts.
- Reporters at Corvetto’s home found no patrol cars or officers, replacing what had been a standing watch by the San Antonio station in Miraflores.
- Corvetto had sought personal guarantees from the Prefecture, but the PNP says any assignment requires a risk review with evidence and it has received no notice from that office.
- The change does not alter the ongoing probes into alleged irregularities in the April 12 vote, which continue under prosecutorial and judicial oversight.