Particle.news
Download on the App Store

Perez Hilton Hospitalized After Graphic TikTok Livestream

Family members are restricting his access to devices and seeking temporary custody for his children while he remains under involuntary psychiatric evaluation.

Overview

  • On Aug. 4, Perez Hilton broadcast an apparent self-harm episode on TikTok that viewers say remained live for roughly 10–20 minutes before the platform removed the stream and suspended his account.
  • Miami-Dade deputies and paramedics responded after viewers called 911, his sister says she found him injured at home, and he was taken to hospital and held for psychiatric evaluation under Florida’s Baker Act.
  • Hilton’s family says he is in serious but stable condition, faces surgery and a long recovery, and they have limited his access to phones and the viral video to protect his wellbeing.
  • TikTok acknowledged a review or moderation error that allowed the graphic livestream to stay online, a failure that has renewed scrutiny of how platforms detect and remove harmful live content.
  • The episode has revived attention to Hilton’s past role as a high-profile gossip blogger, his April 2026 return to TikTok after a 2020 ban, and a severe sepsis hospitalization earlier in 2026 that family say left him physically and financially strained.