Overview
- Page told Ariel Helwani on Monday that his fight with Nursulton Ruziboev at UFC Paris on Sept. 5 is the final bout on his current UFC contract.
- He publicly lambasted UFC matchmaking, saying his team repeatedly proposed top names and received 'excuse after excuse' when trying to secure higher-ranked opponents.
- Page said he plans to focus on the middleweight division because he believes it offers bigger fights and a clearer path to a title than welterweight.
- He confirmed there have been no re-signing negotiations so far and said he needs a standout performance in Paris to improve his chances of an extension and avoid free agency.
- Page is 4-1 in the UFC after a three-fight win streak, and his next opponent Ruziboev is viewed as a credible but not elite test, which underlines Page’s complaint about the level of available matchups and raises questions about his future at age 39.