Overview
- The bus, which left the GM-2 near San Sebastián de La Gomera on Friday, fell into a ravine and left a 77-year-old British man dead and 27 people injured, including three children.
- Most survivors have now been discharged from hospital, with two British passengers and the local driver still being treated on Tenerife as doctors report one improving and two in stable but serious condition.
- The Civil Guard is analyzing the coach’s tachograph, a data recorder that logs speed and braking, as officials examine a suspected brake failure and have not yet been able to interview the injured driver.
- Regional representative Juan Luis Navarro said the driver reported brake trouble and tried to stop the vehicle, and he added that interviews with the British passengers are ongoing.
- Operator La Gomera Tours says its fleet passed inspections, and attention is turning to the road’s safety record after a separate fatal bus overturn there last year.