Overview
- Highguard’s official site began showing a “Site Unavailable” message on Feb. 17, prompting shutdown fears even as the game remains online on PC and consoles.
- A Wildlight developer told the game’s Discord that the website is being transferred and simplified and is a low priority while the reduced team focuses on patches and new content.
- Following Feb. 11 layoffs that cut most staff, Wildlight says a core group remains to support Highguard, though delivery of previously outlined updates is uncertain.
- Steam concurrent peaks have fallen to roughly 1,500–1,700, down about 98% from an initial ~97,000 at launch, raising viability concerns for the live-service shooter.
- Game File reporting names Tencent’s TiMi Studio Group as the undisclosed lead financial backer; funding scale and timing are unclear and neither Tencent nor Wildlight has commented.