Overview
- Following Saturday night's brawl at a Navy Yard Chipotle, the FBI is assisting D.C. police and prosecutors to identify suspects and review possible federal charges.
- Videos show about 10 teens throwing punches and hurling chairs before fleeing, and no arrests had been announced as of Tuesday morning.
- U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro said she will prosecute involved teens and, when the law allows, charge parents who enabled the conduct, with penalties that can include fines, classes, or up to six months in jail.
- Pirro urged the D.C. Council to restore a discretionary juvenile curfew and asked schools to share truancy records to help head off planned takeovers.
- A father who filmed the melee said masked youths used chairs as weapons and that his children were shaken, while Chipotle reported no injuries and said it is aiding the probe.