Overview
- At Doncaster Crown Court on Friday, Sharaz Ali’s counsel said the petrol that ignited the blaze spilled during a struggle rather than being poured deliberately.
- Jurors on Thursday watched Antonia Gawith’s recorded interview describing Ali arriving with another man, dousing her in petrol and a lighter being struck before flames spread.
- Prosecutors have presented CCTV said to show a blue Skoda arriving, Calum Sunderland donning a glove, and a canister later filled with £10 of fuel before the attack.
- Ali, 40, and Sunderland, 26, deny four counts of murder and one of attempted murder; prosecutors say Mohammed Shabir drove the car and that he died in custody last month.
- The court has heard about messages prosecutors cite as threats and alleged jealousy, and that Ali was pulled from the burning house and later spent months in a coma.