Particle.news
Download on the App Store

DeChambeau Weighs Shift From Full-Time Golf to Content Creation

His public uncertainty could lead him to prioritize YouTube if top-level content revenue matches tournament pay or LIV Golf funding falters.

Overview

  • DeChambeau said on Wednesday that he is “in that weird space” and undecided between continuing as a full-time professional golfer or focusing on content creation.
  • He missed the cut at the PGA Championship after opening rounds of 76 and 71, a result reporters linked directly to the timing of his remarks.
  • DeChambeau told the Katie Miller Pod that earnings from top-tier YouTube content are “about the same” as tournament income, which he said weakens money as a deciding factor.
  • He has a large and growing YouTube operation he wants to expand, and he has previously said he would play only select events if LIV Golf cannot secure future funding.
  • Recent competitive decline — including multiple missed cuts in majors and measurable short-game losses — combined with uncertainty over LIV Golf funding has left him weighing how his career and daily life will change if he shifts to content full time.