Overview
- Conor McGregor suffered a right‑knee injury that ended his UFC 329 main event with Max Holloway just 69 seconds into the fight on July 11, and doctors have recommended surgery.
- McGregor has publicly said he will undergo surgery, plans to rehabilitate and wants Holloway as the final opponent on his contract.
- UFC CEO Dana White said he will not entertain trilogy or comeback scheduling until McGregor completes surgery, finishes rehab and is medically cleared, making the previously discussed April 2027 return uncertain.
- The exact diagnosis and recovery timeline remain unconfirmed; White and other sources have suggested a possible ACL tear but say imaging and surgeon reports are still pending.
- Questions about McGregor’s recovery have drawn renewed attention to his past anti‑doping issues and to recent social‑media denials from McGregor that he has used mind‑altering substances during his recovery.