Overview
- Jones has pleaded not guilty to 27 charges involving nine complainants over incidents alleged between 2003 and 2020.
- The defence told Sydney’s Downing Centre Local Court it received about 800 pages it considers exculpatory, including statements from eight witnesses who say they saw nothing.
- Jones’ legal team has issued 23 subpoenas after being told the brief was complete, and the court granted access to further documents.
- Prosecutors have previously indicated they may call up to 139 witnesses, with the hearing due to start on August 3 and expected to run for up to four months.
- Negotiations continue over legal and journalistic privilege and sensitive complainant information, with the ODPP reviewing materials and the matter returning to court on March 5.